Saturday, October 19, 2013

Deformity - Shards EP

As I swim further and further into the deep end of my 20s I find myself getting a strange peaceful joy whenever a band I really like is made up of younger kids. After listening to this EP from Deformity a bunch of times, I found out at least one of the members was still in high school and I was ecstatic. If you lump Deformity, members are from Manhattan & suburban NYC, in with a lot of that area's "raw punk" acts you're during yourself a disservice. This EP has elements of garage rock and as accurately described in NUTS! [see below] groovy quality that separate it from otherwise similar current bands. Of the 3 songs, the super catchy rock & roll guitar solo half way through the first track is actually by far my favorite part of the record. Hopefully I get to see these guys live sooner rather than later.

Download.

The singer Shiva has a tumblr with a lot of his cool artwork but I can't seem to remember the link, sorry. His art has been featured in two of the best current zines NUTS! and Distort. Here is a link to buy his zine from Grave Mistake.

Here is a link to DL their new tape from icoulddietomorrow.blogspot.com

Live shot and interview are from NUTS #11. Buy issues of NUTS! HERE
Also check out the NUTS! site http://nutsfanzine.tumblr.com/
A new issue just came out go get it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment